If you have found an item/s on babycity.co.nz that you wish to Lay-by, (excluding online only specials) please refer to the store locator to find your local babycity store and we can set this up for you. Please note; in-store and online specials may vary
Babycity in store Lay-by Terms & Conditions
- Lay-bys are available as a payment option in any physical babycity store
- A minimum 10% deposit of the full value of the goods is required
- The item you want to lay-by must have a minimum value of $20
- Lay-bys up to $300 are valid for 6 weeks
- Lay-bys $301-$500 are valid for 8 weeks
- Lay-Bys $500-$800 are valid for 10 weeks
- Lay-bys $801+ are valid for 13 weeks
- Overdue or cancelled Lay-bys incur a 10% administration fee which will be charged on any cancelled Lay-by. The 10% administration fee is calculated as 10% of the original Lay-by amount.
- End of season sales, or clearance item lay-bys require a 50 percent deposit and are valid for 2 weeks.
in-store and online
Split your payment into 4 instalments
Pay for your purchase over 4 instalments, due every two weeks.
You'll pay your first instalment at the time of purchase, and the remainder over time.
No fees when you pay on time
With interest-free instalments, the only fees you pay are late payments. You can find your payment schedule in the Afterpay app and you'll be sent regular reminders.
- Simply add items to your cart and go to checkout as normal
- Select Afterpay as your payment option at checkout. Orders up to $2000 are eligible to use Afterpay
- You will be redirected to the Afterpay website
- If it's your first time, create an Afterpay account or simply login
- Enter or verify your payment details to confirm your order
To pay with Afterpay, all you need is:
- A New Zealand credit card or debit card
- To be over 18 years of age
- A New Zealand residential address
- You'll know you've been approved within seconds
The funds for your first payment must be available on your chosen card at the time of checkout.
If you fail to make a payment, you'll be charged a late payment fee of $10, with a further $7 fee added 7 days later, if the payment is still unpaid. For more information visit Afterpay here
in-store and online
Take it today and take time to pay – with no interest, ever.
Humm helps everyday NZ'ers Buy Now Pay Later. Our payment plans are great value because humm customers pay no interest ever.
With humm you can apply for up to $1,000. Get fast approval and your choice to repay fortnightly or weekly over 2.5 months. Plus each payment frees your balance to spend again.
Who can humm?
You just need to tick these boxes:
- Be 18 years or older
- Be a permanent resident of New Zealand
- Have a valid email address and mobile number
- Have a New Zealand driver's license or passport
- Be permanently employed working at least 25 hours per week or receiving New Zealand Superannuation or Veterans pension
- Not be undischarged bankrupt or have reasons to believe you may become insolvent
Don't have a credit card? No worries. The future of online payments is here.
Credit cards are great for some, but not for all.
Online EFTPOS gives you a way to pay with your own money, not someone else's.
Less is more
If you're paying with Online EFTPOS, all you need is your mobile number, and the participating banks app. Payments can be made straight from your smartphone. It's fast, easy, and secure.
Enter your mobile phone number, then approve the payment within your mobile banking app. That's it. You will be redirected back to babycity.co.nz and your order confirmed.