In Store Stock
phil&teds Sport 2016 Buggy
Now $1799.99Was $1999.99
|Botany Downs||Mt Wellington|
|Botany Downs||Mt Wellington|
Click to zoom
Medela Calma With 250ml Bottle
Availability: In Stock | Product Code: 805653
Or 4 payments from $11.74
Or 8 payments from $5.87
Medela Calma Bottle 250ml – the unique breastmilk feeding solution for your baby
For a mother looking for a solution to feed her child breastmilk, Medela Calma Bottle 250ml is ideal. Calma was developed based on the results of our studies with the University of Western Australia. That’s why Calma is the unique feeding solution for babies who are being breastfed with breastmilk, as it allows them to suck, swallow and breathe, as learned on the breast.
Whether you breastfeed or use Calma, the baby has to create a vacuum for breastmilk to flow. As soon as the baby pauses, the flow is stopped, this is also the way with breastfeeding.
Our latest studies with researchers from the University of Western Australia show that creating a vacuum is essential to successfully breastfeed. Babies learn very early on that they have to produce a vacuum for the breastmilk to flow. Their natural way of sucking requires intensive work during breastfeeding!
Medela Calma Bottle 250ml Features
- drink, pause and breathe in its natural rhythm,
- create its individual vacuum through a combination of tongue and jaw movements,
- retain its natural way of sucking, which supports an easy transition from breastfeeding to feeding breastmilk with Calma and back to the breast.
Feeding – Tips and tricks
It’s normal for your baby to be a bit fussy in the beginning when introduced to Calma; it could be the first time your baby comes into contact with something other than its mother’s breast. While Calma looks perfectly normal to us, to your baby, it doesn’t smell, taste or feel like its mother’s breast. Hence you may need a little patience until your baby accepts Calma.
Here are some tips and tricks developed with the support of new and experienced mums; they help your baby get used to Calma if it is a bit hesitant at first.
- Let another adult (other than the mother) do the first feed with Calma. Hold your baby in a different position than when it is feeding at the breast. This helps your baby to learn a new way to feed and makes it easier to switch from the breast to Calma and back again.
- Dip the tip of Calma’s silicone part into the expressed breastmilk before starting the feed.
- Hold Calma at an angle of about 45 degrees to your baby’s lower lip.
- To encourage your baby to open its mouth to take Calma, stimulate its lip as you would with breastfeeding.
- When your baby opens its mouth, place Calma on the tip of its tongue. Do not push Calma in. Your baby will take Calma in as far as it needs; just as it has learned on the breast with the nipple.
- During the entire feeding process, leave Calma in the position that your baby has chosen. To facilitate the milk flow, your baby has to create a vacuum, just like with breastfeeding. Pulling out or pushing in Calma would interrupt this process. It could also make your baby choke.
- Don’t give up on Calma: it may take three or more separate tries for your baby to learn how to use Calma.
- If your baby has already used another teat, be aware that Calma works differently. With Calma, the milk flow is controlled by the interaction between your baby’s sucking behaviour and Calma’s milk flow control system. This is not like any other conventional teat – you may need a bit of patience.
Delivery & Returns
FREE delivery for online orders $100 or over, or $5 freight for purchases under $100 when delivered within New Zealand, excluding the Chatham Islands and PO Boxes. Please allow 3-5 working days for delivery. During times of high order volume (such as during a One Day Sale) and public holidays this delivery period may take longer.
Shopping with babycity is easy with hassle free returns.