Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a credit voucher in another Babycity store?
Yes, the vouchers can be used in any of our stores throughout New Zealand.
Do I have to print out the coupon when I earn it?
No, you can ask our staff to print out the coupon whenever you are ready for it. Just don't leave it too long as points do expire after 12 months, which might affect your eligibility for the coupon!
How do I know my order has gone through?
When you process your order on the payments page the page will confirm your order. You will also receive and email confirmation from Baby City that we have received your order. If you do not receive the order please check your 'junk mail' folder just in case. If you still have not received and email please contact us at email@example.com
The item I’ve seen online no longer seems to be in stock?
If an item is sold out or not currently available online it will say ‘In Store Only’. If you wish to purchase one of these items please phone your nearest store and they will check whether they have it in stock. They may also be able to organize a transfer for a small fee if they don’t have the item. Details for all our store locations can be found here
What are your lay-by terms and conditions?
Lay-by as a payment option is available in store only.
If you have found an item/s on babycity.co.nz that you wish to Lay-by, (excluding online only specials) please refer to the store locator to find your local babycity store and we can set this up for you. Please note; in-store and online specials may vary
Babycity in store Lay-by Terms & Conditions
- Lay-bys are available as a payment option in any physical babycity store
- A minimum 10% deposit of the full value of the goods is required
- The item you want to lay-by must have a minimum value of $20
- Lay-bys up to $300 are valid for 6 weeks
- Lay-bys $301-$500 are valid for 8 weeks
- Lay-Bys $500-$800 are valid for 10 weeks
- Lay-bys $801+ are valid for 13 weeks
- Overdue or cancelled Lay-bys incur a 10% administration fee which will be charged on any cancelled Lay-by. The 10% administration fee is calculated as 10% of the original Lay-by amount.
- Lay-by purchases are excluded from earning Bub Club rewards
- End of season sales, or clearance item lay-bys require a 50 percent deposit and are valid for 2 weeks.
What happens if Babycity cannot supply an item I have ordered?
If an item you ordered is no longer avaialble we make all attempts to locate the item from one of our stores nationwide. If we are unable to source the missing item we'll communicate directly with you to let you know that we'll send part of your order and refund you for any items not supplied.
What is Afterpay?
Afterpay lets you pay for your purchases in 4 payments, every 2 weeks. There are no fees or interest for purchases up to $2000, when you pay on time and in full.
To be eligible to use Afterpay you need:
- A New Zealand credit card or debit card
- To be over 18 years of age
- A New Zealand residential address
What is HUMM?
Humm lets you spread the cost of your purchases over 2.5* months instead of paying the whole lot upfront. You can choose to repay fortnightly in 5 slices or weekly in 10 once approved. There’s no fees or interest for purchases under $1000, if you pay it back in full and on time**.
In order to be eligible to use Humm you need to:
- Be 18 years or older
- Be a permanent resident of New Zealand
- Have a valid email address and mobile number
- Have a New Zealand driver's license or passport
- Be permanently employed working at least 25 hours per week or receiving New Zealand Superannuation or Veterans pension
- Not be undischarged bankrupt or have reasons to believe you may become insolvent
For more information around paying with HUMM please check out our info page here or contact our friendly customer care team on 0800 282 2582.
What is Online EFTPOS?
Online EFTPOS lets you pay for your online purchases straight from your smartphone, all you need is your mobile number and the participating banks app. Participating banks are ASB, The Co-operative Bank, Heartland and Westpac.
For more information around paying with Online EFTPOS please check out our info page here or contact our friendly customer care team on 0800 282 2582.